Tuesday, March 3, 2009

More New Prisoners


My priest has asked me to add 20+ prisoners to our program. These new additions are from a more medium security facility in Tamoka, Fl. All of these men are and have been Orthodox for some time. These men are much more fortunate as they live in open population and the priest serves them the Liturgy every Wednesday and they can receive Communion. I will be sending them a letter of instruction and encouragement about Lent within the next few days. I will begin to add them to the prisoners section, a little bit at a time, starting approximately next week.

Please pray about asking "one more person" from your church, if they would commit to writing letters to the prisoners. If you know of someone let me know so that I can email them an application for the ministry.

Final thought! It would be wonderful if we could organize an effort to send Pascha Greeting cards to all of the prisoners from "all of us individually" what do you think about this idea?

<><
Seraphim

1 comment:

ocean_gipsy said...

That would be great to send to all the prisoners the Pascha Greetings! I need to think about it beforehand I guess, because not sure how long letters go from here, but at least 2 weeks.